Tombstoneless Tuesday - Where is Anna?

Monday, June 28, 2010



photo taken by Linda Swanson, Gr Gr Grandaughter

This blog is dedicated to my gr gr Grandmother, Anna Davis.

According to the Woodland Cemetery in Des Moines, Iowa, Anna Davis is buried alongside her husband with their son, George W Davis next to them. In the picture above George W Davis's tommbstone is on the left and Andrew S Davis's tombstone on the right. What happened to Anna's tombstone? I really wish I knew.

Anna was born in October of 1836 in Ohio. This was a second marriage for her. The first marriage was to Melvin J Needham who died from his wounds in Florida during the civil war. After my gr gr Grandfather Andrew S Davis mustered out at the end of the war he married Anna on November 6, 1866 at the home of B L Allen's and Anna Needhams home in Polk County, Iowa. She died on January 24, 1915 in Des Moines, Iowa.

I wish I knew about her.

0 comments: